Thursday, August 28, 2008

He's got the whole world in His hands!



Well! Pay no attention to the "Count down to Zambia"!

Looks like I will be leaving in 24 Hours! Tomorrow! Woo Hoo!! :-)


Hurricane Gustav has put a little kink in my plans...


But I'm just looking forward to walking through any doors that the Lord opens!!! And I am comforted knowing He will keep the plane up in the air for 18 HOURS!! Agh!
(but of course my attitude changes from minute to minute!)

"He's got the whollle world in His hands...He's got the whollle world in His hands, He's got the whole world in His hands!"
I couldn't help but humm this song as I typed this! ;)

So here is the plan:

To beat the hurricane and hurricane evacuation traffic- I will be leaving for New Orleans tomorrow lunch time (instead of Tuesday) - fly to Washington to stay with complete and friendly strangers about 4 days! (Jan Jal's bestest friend!)
Then on Tuesday meet up with Dan and Levi! Then head to Johannesburg- Then stay with more strangers! (Also good friendly friends of-well lots of people I know) Hallelujah! Then leave for Ndola the next day! Then the next thing I will be doing is- Seeing Kevin!-after 8 months! ha! YAY!! ;)


WELL The first portion of these plans were not MY original plans...
BUT here is what I think about that....

Recently I have decided I will not use this phrase:
"God will not put more on you than YOU can handle"

(and not because I'm afraid He will try)

But because HE WILL put more on you than you can handle! Because He wants to carry the load! Not you! He wants you to lean on Him!
I praise Him for that!


Proverbs 3:5 &6 states:
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.


BOY are these verses my prayer today!!


Lord guide my paths with your wisdom and not mine!
And thank you Lord for kind hospitable children of yours. :)


Please pray for God's grace and wisdom while we take this trip to Zambia!


1 comment:

Janice said...

So Doubly jealous now! That you are going to Zambia without me AND you get to see my friend for all those days... AND that she gets to see YOU!!! Well, my time is coming!