Wednesday, January 9, 2008

God in me in 2008!

It is Wednesday and I can hardly wait to attend church tonight to hear from the Lord and give Him praise for ALL of the blessings He has given me this week. I have been so blessed this week... Earlier in the week I found out that I would be able to fly to NY to see Kevin, his family, & friends AGAIN! Nervously (not sure why now) I asked the team leader at work if she thought it possible... She took much time out of her morning and rearranged the schedule so that when I asked my boss If I could go, we could give her the "new & improved" schedule. After just a couple hours of everyone praying & waiting, the boss called and gave it the OK!;) My friends at work are always such a blessing ! Then yesterday, I asked my boss for permission to leave work an hour earlier so that I'll have more time to catch the plane. I prayed, "God You know what I need, You even know how much time I need! Please be with me as I ask my boss if I can have another favor" :-) Guess what!? She gave it a go! Wow, My God loves me! Yet again, another blessing I do not deserve... Thank-you Jesus:)


Then, I found out yesterday I received an A in an online course...That is a blessing that God knows I appreciate! I tell people all the time that I did not go to college because I am so smart but because I really wanted to be smart and I knew God would help me through it! And He Did!!


I am at the point of tears this morning because God loved me so much that not only did He send HIS Son to die on a cross for me so that I may go to Heaven...But He makes me so happy here on earth too! It's too much to understand sometimes...


Sunday's sermon was, "A journey to becoming a mature Christian in 2008". I am EXCITED! How about you?!? Pastor announced we will have more classes and I am really happy about that... There is always more to learn! But to sum up the sermon, (Luke 2:1-14) Joseph is going to Bethlehem to pay his taxes with his wife Mary who is great with child. During their time in Bethlehem, Mary gave birth to Jesus! If you think about it... why did God choose Joseph and Mary? The answer, simply because they were mature Christians. Joseph and Mary were going through a time in their life when people laughed at them and lied about them. They had to strictly just have FAITH in God! And they did. I want to be that kind of Christian! In 2008, I am ready to be lied on, laughed at, and rely wholly on God! Earlier in this blog I wrote of my anxiety about asking my boss for the time off to go to NY, and then I said , "I don't know why now". Looking back on the times I worried.. I feel foolish. God has always given me just what He wants me to have... whether it be a safe trip to NY or a good grade in an online course...Don't carry the load in 2008 by yourself... God is big enough to carry it for you!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Vicky Smith said...

There has been tremendous growth in your life during this past year and now you are ready for so much more in 2008. You have made your mom proud and I am sure the Father is proud too. He wants only the best for you and so do I. I pray that you will not miss any of His blessings in 2008.

You’ll never know how much you have encouraged your many friends and family by testifying of God’s goodness in your life. Keep bragging on Jesus so that others will want to find out more about Him! It is your gift and God will bless you for using that gift.

Janice said...

Welcome home to you girl!!! We miss you already, and will be saving all our pennies and "Wiggins" money in earnest in order to make a revisit! You here, us there, it really is all good!